RBI Recruitment 2017
Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 526 posts of “Office Attendants” in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive Test (Online Test) followed by Language Proficiency Test (in Regional Language) as per Annex-I. Please note that Corrigendum,if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in
Name of Post : Office Attendants
Total Posts : 526
Educational Qualification :
i) A candidate should have passed 10th Standard (S.S.C./Matriculation) from the concerned State/UT coming
under the Regional Jurisdiction of the Recruiting Office to which he is applying (Refer Annex III). Such qualification should be from a recognized board.
ii) In addition to the above, the candidate should be a domicile of the State/UT coming under the Regional
Jurisdiction of the Recruitment Office to which he/she is applying for (Refer Annex III).
iii) The candidate should be an undergraduate as on 01/11/2017. Graduates and candidates possessing higher qualification are not eligible to apply.
iv) Bank reserves the right to call for any document in support of domicile status of the candidate.
v) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category should at least have passed 10th Standard
(S.S.C./Matriculation) and rendered at least 15 years of defence service, provided they have not graduated outside the Armed Forces.
vi) Candidates applying to a recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write,speak and understand the language) of the state/UT falling under that office.
Age Limit : 18 to 25 years
Application Fee :
- Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- Rs. 450/- for OBC/General candidates (Test fee + Intimation Charges)
- Staff candidates are exempted from payment of test fee and intimation charges.
Selection Process : Selection would be done on the basis of online test and language proficiency test.
RBI Office Attendant Syllabus 2017
- Online Test
- Reasoning : 30 quastion & 30 marks
- General English : 30 quastion & 30 marks
- General Awarness : 30 quastion & 30 marks
- Numerical Ability : 30 quastion & 30 marks
- Total : 120 quastion & 120 marks
- Composite Time : 90 minutes
- Online test except the test of General English will be in bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi
- There will be negative marking for wrong answer in the Online Test. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Candidates will have to pass with minimum prescribed mark in each subject of Online Test.
- LPT will be of Qualifying Type. The candidates provisionally selected from the On-line Test will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). LPT will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned (Annex-I). Candidate not proficient in the Official/Local Language would be disqualified.
- Other detailed information regarding the test will be given in an Information Handout, which can be downloaded by the candidates from RBI’s website along with call letter
- Roll No. of those candidates who have qualified for LPT on the basis of Online test will be displayed on RBI’s website in the month of January/February 2018. Date for LPT will also be displayed on the website along with a brief notice thereof.
- LPT is mandatory. No exemption of any sort will be given to any candidate from appearing in LPT, which will be conducted at respective offices. Final Selection will depend, on the performance in online test, qualifying in LPT, Medical fitness, verification of certificates and Biometric Data, etc. to the Bank’s satisfaction. Decision of the Bank in this regard, will be final.
- Language for proficiency test : Ahmedabad – Gujarati, Bangalore – Kannada, Bhopal – Hindi, Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi, Chennai – Tamil, Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri / Bodo / Mizo, Hyderabad – Telugu, Jammu – Urdu / Hindi, Lucknow – Hindi, Kolkata – Bengali, Mumbai – Marathi / Konkani, Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi, New Delhi – Hindi, Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
How to apply : Candidates can apply online only no other mode of application will be accepted.
Important Dates :
- Online APplication sart from : 17/11/2017
- Last date for online application : 07/12/2017
- Last date for printing your application : 22/12/2017
Important Links :