Indian Coast Guard has published an official advertisement for recruitment of Navik (General Duty) Posts. The required information for this recruitment are given below.
Post Name : Navik (General Duty)
10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government.(5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports personnel of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Minimum : 18 years
- Maximum : 22 years
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Height : Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Wight : Proportionate to height and age +-10percentage acceptable.
- Hearing : Normal
- Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standard : 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye). (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
- Tatto : Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
How to Apply
Interested & Eligible candidates can apply online below mentioned link.
- ENTRY – 01/2019 BATCH
- Online Application Start From : 01/07/2018
- Last Date for Apply Online : 10/07/2018